Scott Klein, M.D., Member, Central CO CGB
From the age of seven, I knew that I wanted to be a physician. I could not find another field that better combined the application of scientific principles to the improvement of human life, on a personal level. I chose to pursue a career in Anesthesiology because I enjoy practicing fast-paced, real-time medicine in important clinical settings. I completed my training at The Cleveland Clinic in 2007, and spent the next five years in an academic position at University Hospital of Cleveland, Case Western Medical Center. In 2012, I moved to Denver to pursue a private practice position in a community setting. I joined South Denver Anesthesiologists, which is now part of United States Anesthesia Partners (USAP).
For the past two years, I have helped lead our group's Quality Committee. Our Quality Committee's primary goal is to help our providers ensure safe, exceptional care at all times. Working closely with our facilities and surgeons, we are leading efforts to standardize perioperative clinical care for multiple types of surgeries. This type of standardization has been proven to improve surgical patient outcomes. In addition to my service on our Quality Committee, I am a member of the USAP Colorado Clinical Governance Board.
I am married and have two daughters and an Australian Shepherd. I enjoy skiing, cycling, mountain biking, running, and the occasional triathlon.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgery with a particular interest in Joint Replacement procedures
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency: Cleveland Clinic Hospital
- Memberships: American Society of Anesthesiologists; Colorado Medical Society; Colorado Society of Anesthesiologists; American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certified: American Board of Anesthesiology