Mauricio Niño, MD
I am a board certified anesthesiologist and a cardiac anesthesiology specialist. I focus on managing patients with complex heart disease undergoing cardiac and thoracic surgery and patients with cardiovascular disease undergoing non-cardiac surgical procedures. I have specific interest in taking care of patients who undergo complex heart surgery, minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic surgery, pulmonary surgery, left ventricular assist device placement, ECMO and off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Outside of these patient groups, I practice general anesthesia.
I have lived in Nevada since 2005. I enjoy spending time with my two daughters.
Areas of clinical interest
I am interested in transesophageal echocardiography, invasive monitoring, perioperative ventilatory support, cardiopulmonary bypass, intraoperative lung isolation, management of ECMO and left ventricular assist devices. I am also interested in discovering better ways to improve perioperative outcomes.
- MD, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad El Bosque (Bogota, Colombia), 1989
- Internship, New York Medical College (New York), 1995
- Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Harvard Medical School (Boston), 2000
- Cardiac Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School (Boston), 2001
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Transesophageal Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography
Dr. Niño has experience in academics where he practiced as attending Anesthesiologist at Brigham and Women´s Hospital and as director of Cardiac Anesthesiology at Boston VA Healthcare System in Boston. He held academic appointments both for Harvard Medical School and Tufts Medical School. Dr. Niño moved to Las Vegas in 2005 when he joined Anesthesiology Consultants Inc. He has served in the Board of Directors of Integrated Medical Management and in the Board of Directors of Anesthesiology Consultants Inc. in Las Vegas. Dr. Niño is a partner at US Anesthesia Partners, Nevada. He also currently serves as Chairman of Anesthesiology at Mountain View Hospital, Las Vegas.